Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!

I have been so pre-occupied of keeping track of how many weeks are left until the baby is born that I ALMOST forgot that today is a very special day.

Exactly two years ago, Daneel asked me to marry him. I like celebrating - I get that from my mom - so I'm going to celebrate and recount the memories from that day :)

Daneel and I had been dating one day less than one year and we were going out on a date to celebrate our one year anniversary. We ate dinner at Johnny Carinos (actually I ate dinner and Daneel hardly touched his, but I didn't really notice). After dinner, Daneel asked me if I had been up in the mountains by Las Cruces. He said there were some really pretty views there that he wanted to show me. I had no idea that earlier in the day he and a few of his friends had already been up there to set up a blanket with candles, roses, champagne, and music. 
When we got to the site (which was pretty much in the middle of nowhere) he started to light the candles that were surrounding the blanket. I thought it was very sweet and romantic of him to do so much for our one year dating anniversary. He told me that he had one question that he needed me to answer that evening. 
He asked me if I had met 'Mr. Right.' I stared at him with a blank face because I had no idea what he was getting at.
To my surprise, Daneel handed me a sheet of paper that had my own handwriting on it. Several years before, my mom had asked me to write up a list of the characteristics I was looking for in a husband because she wanted to pray for those things. I gave her a long list of things I was looking for and labeled it, 'Mr. Right.' 
I had completely forgotten about that sheet of paper until Daneel handed it to me and asked me to read it out loud.
I started reading down the list and as I read, I realized I was reading a list that described Daneel almost exactly.
At the bottom of the paper Daneel had placed a sticky note. He told me to lift up the sticky note. I did, and underneath he had written 'DONE' (as in list fulfilled).
Under that he had written 'I love you' (It was the first time he or we had ever said I love you)
Then he took out a ring and asked me if I would be his bride.

That's the quick version of the story and I bet you'll never guess what I said. :)

It was one of the happiest days of my life. I am so blessed to be married to the man of my dreams. I love you hubby!


The Ring


2 comments:

Holly said...

That is so cute and brought tears to my eyes. Yay!

Mandy said...

I remember that day! So exciting, friend! And it all seems to be working out pretty well. :-) Love you!