The problem is that whenever I have an opportunity to post something (i.e. when Avalon is sleeping) there are multiple activities competing for that time slot and I have to weigh the options. I could:
- Take a nap
- Take a shower
- Eat breakfast or a snack (all three of the above are ALWAYS appealing)
- Do something productive around the house (not as appealing, but sometimes necessary)
- Check facebook for any exciting news there (usually appealing)
- OR update the blog (enjoyable but not so appealing when creative juices have ceased to flow due to lack of sleep)
So this morning Avalon is napping and I am choosing to update our blog. Our little girl is ONE MONTH old today! I can't believe how quickly it has gone by.
The past month has been quite the learning experience for all of us. Here are a few things I have learned:
- Absolutely NO amount of babysitting can prepare you for having your own baby.
- There is no such thing as a quick trip to the grocery store (or anywhere else for that matter). I feel quite accomplished if Avalon and I can get somewhere 15 minutes late without forgetting something major.
- Money spent on gripe water, gas drops, and colic pills is money well spent.
- Smiles at 2AM always outweigh being extraodinarily sleepy and scatterbrained
- A house that previously qualified as messy looks surprisingly clean when a baby moves in.
- Avalon can be dressed in all pink with a bow on her head and someone will still ask me how old my little boy is.
- Our lives have changed A LOT in the past month but we love our little girl to pieces and wouldn't trade her for anything in the world.
Pictures from the week
(if you click on them you can see them a little bit bigger)






3 comments:
so true, all the preparation in the world still doesn't quite cut it does it. i'm sure you two are doing a great job @ being new parents. hang in there...you do eventually gain confidence. :)
haha! I love the one of her in the lake... and the caption too.
Steph! I think that your creative juices are always flowing! You are so funny! Thanks for the updates, we really enjoy them!
Post a Comment