Wednesday, October 22, 2008

On a serious note

I love posting pictures and telling stories about life with our sweet little girl, but today my post is not cute or funny - it's a little more serious.

I want to encourage you to read this blog, posted by Randy Alcorn. He is the author of one of my favorite books, Safely Home. He has also written the Treasure Principle, and Heaven - both of which I would recommend reading. 
In this blog he addresses the issue of abortion and the upcoming election. This issue is near and dear to our hearts. I've spent 9 months of the past year being pregnant and almost 2 months getting to know the beautiful miracle that God created and blessed us with. Already Daneel and I cannot imagine life without her. 

I hope you will take the time to read this article. I'm not posting this to cause division or to offend. I have very, much loved friends standing on both sides of the election. Regardless of where you stand, I encourage you to look past the title and read what Alcorn has to say. He raises some important, thought provoking points that should be considered as we prepare to vote.


What is the value of a life?

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Thanks for the link, Steph. I didn't even know he had a blog. Good news. I will definitely check it out. I am actually reading Dominion right now...and it has been good for me. I LOVE Safely Home and the Treasure Principle.

I got your message yesterday. Thanks for the call. You will hear from me soon. I love you!

Kyle, Chrissy and Ina said...

Hey! Thanks for posting this. I'm thinking of sending it to a friend who is voting for Obama. It disturbs me that so many Christians are justifying the issue of abortion by saying things like, oh a few judges won't change anything. Disturbing! Call me when you can. Love you!