Last night I was feeding her before dinner. I put her up on my shoulder to burp her and she spit up all over me, completely missing herself. I went to change my shirt and Daneel and I sat down to eat dinner. Avalon sat happily in her vibrating/musical chair for awhile and then she got bored and started to fuss. Daneel held her for a bit and then I took her so that he could finish eating. I put her up with her head on my shoulder and she spit up again, this time all over my back.
In the mean time, she was also falling asleep. We are attempting to keep her awake more hours during the day so that she will sleep better at night. I handed her back to Daneel and he started his favorite routine of getting her to wake up. He likes to do things like bounce her up and down, run ice cubes down her legs, drip water on her head... none of these things actually phase her. I've warned him though that one day she is going to get back at him.
While he was playing with her, she started tooting away and then we could hear her filling her diaper. Daneel looked over at me with this look of disgust and I very unsympathetically replied, "Oh whatever, it's not like she threw up all over you." He shrugged and went back to playing with her.
A few minutes later, she tooted again. Daneel looked down and held up his arm for me to see. He had poo running all over it. He handed her to me with his other arm, and when he looked down, he saw that he also had baby poo all over his shorts. (Huggies aren't working out too well for us by the way).
Avalon just looked around contentedly with her big blue eyes and Daneel looked horrified. I was laughing so hard that I almost had to change MY pants. I wish I had a camera to capture the look on Daneel's face. It was hysterical.
But he handled the situation very well. (I think he pretends to be more grossed out than he actually is). He changed his clothes and then gave our little girl a bath.
Total outfits changed yesterday - 6 (for the three of us).
Daneel and the Lil' Stinker after the bath

"What did I do?"

(she has amazing hair after bathtime :) )

8 comments:
Oh geez... That made me laugh so hard.
love it!
these are the best stories ever!!!
hahahahahahahahaha!
I love the picture of her after bathtime--very cute! I know how you feel. Ethan spit up a lot for the first probably 8 months of his life! We went through a lot of clothes too. For some reason everytime my mom held him he spit up on her. We told her he was saving it up for when she came over. I am so glad to be past those days with him. Although we still go through a lot of laundry but now it's due to stuff like soccer or playing outside...so it does get better. Just know the laundry aisle will be your friend for the next while! :)
oh, the memories of breast fed babies and way 2 leaky diapers! i love her hair in the bottom pic, adorable!
LOL that's hilarious! I don't think any diapers work well at that stage. We had a few incidents ourselves. She's changed a lot already! Can't wait to see her tonight.
I can just immagine Daneel's face!! I enjoyed this storie very much.
Thank you for a great belly laugh! I was crying by the time I finished reading it. It reminded me of a story of how one of Linda Perry's daughters projectile vomited all the way down her back...
O, wow, that's something else. Poor Daneel. I laughed so hard at this story. Stephanie, you're a very talented writer, by the way. I really enjoy your stories.
Post a Comment