Saturday, August 27, 2011

According to Avalon..

We have so much fun hearing Avalon voice her thoughts and give her perspective on life. I have saved up another group sayings to post together, so here are a few of Avalon's thoughts on life...


Driving in the car to Wal- Mart -
Julie: Screaming
Avalon: Julie! stop screaming.
Julie: Continues screaming
Avalon: Julie, STOP SCREAMING!
Julie: Still more screaming
Avalon: Mommy, Julie disobeyed me. Does she get a spanking?

One night Julie was playing with a little pink ride-on car that Avalon's Ouma gave her for her 1st birthday. Avalon started to take it away from Julie.
Daneel: Avalon, leave Julie alone and play with a different car (we have 3..)
Avalon: (Immediately melts down and cries) "But THAT car matches my pink shoes!!"

Our conversation while dishing up fajitas for dinner.
Me: Avalon, do you want some chicken?
Avalon: No (while pointing to a piece of beef on my plate). I just want the chocolate chicken.

Daneel: Avalon, can you say your fruit of the spirit verse?
Avalon: The fruit of the spirit is Banana, love, peace, kindness, and gentleness.

Another car conversation:
Avalon: Mommy, can I stand up when I go potty?
Me: No, Avalon. Only boys stand up when they go potty. You are a girl, so you get to sit down.
Avalon: Oooh. Is Addie a girl?
Me: Yes. And Jacob is a boy. And Mommy is a girl and Daddy is a boy.
Avalon: Daddy's not a boy!! He's a MAN!!

On my birthday, my mom and I left the girls with Daneel so that we could do a little birthday shopping. Avalon really wanted to come with us but I kept telling her that she got to have a special date with Daddy! After we had been gone half an hour, I got a text from Daneel reporting a conversation that he had just had with Avalon.
Avalon: Daddy, I wanna have a date with you
Daneel: Okay, where do you want to go on our date?
Avalon: Let's go inne kitchen
She leads Daneel into the kitchen and opens the pantry door. After a few seconds of looking around, she announces in a perplexed voice, "I can't find the dates!"

5 comments:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

lol sweet Avalon. You are so wise.

Cyndi Davis said...

Hahaha! Love these! The kid perspective always cracks me up!

Unknown said...

Sweet, sweet Avalon!! You are too cute. Ouma loves you very much!

Anna said...

Haha! fantastic! It turns out my favorite fruit of the Spirit is also Banana!

April :) said...

lol to all....so cute!