Friday, September 30, 2011

Cinderella

"Mommy, can you just call me Cinderella?" - Avalon 
Our sweet little Cinderella Avalon turned THREE on September 3rd. I'm sure I'll say this every year, but I can't believe 3 years have already flown by. What a precious gift Avalon has been to our lives. I love her sweet spirit. I love the conversations we have. I LOVE her laugh. I love watching her with her Daddy. I love the way she cares for Julie (most of the time ;) 
The other night Daneel and I agreed that the song, Cinderella, by Steven Curtis Chapman, takes on a whole new world of meaning when your own little girl loves to dress up and play 'Cinderella.' It's impossible for either of us to listen to that song (or write about it) without tearing up. 

A few months ago when Avalon fell in love with Cinderella, we promised her that she could have a Cinderella princess party for her birthday. We had a great time celebrating with family and friends.   
Almost one month later, Avalon still talks about her Cinderella birthday party every single day. I think it was a hit! :)

A little dance at the ball before the party







Good things come to those who wait..




2 comments:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

that song always makes me cry! Why do they do that to us?!

I'm so glad we got to celebrate Avalon's, I mean Cinderella's, birthday with you guys! She is a sweet sweet girl. Love you Avalon.

Cyndi Davis said...

Such a beautiful Cinderella!