Monday, April 18, 2011

Ready, Set, Go!

As of the beginning of April, Julie has officially been given the title of 'cruiser.' She is on the go.
She's already starting to pull up on things and attempting to take little steps while holding on.
About the same time she started crawling, her first tooth emerged and she's now working on her 2nd. Teething is probably not one of her favorite activities.
We introduced solid foods right at 6 months. She wasn't a big fan at the time. She's getting better about eating solid foods but still seems to be a little weary of those spoonfuls of food. Her favorite food is Sweet Potato. She seems to like veggies more than fruits. Avalon's favorite food by far was banana. I can't get Julie to eat more than 1 or 2 bites of banana.

A few of her favorite things:
Avalon. Julie is Avalon's #1 fan. Her face lights up whenever Big Sister enters the room. Avalon greatly enjoys trying to make Julie laugh, and I LOVE the sound of them giggling together.

Not Sleeping. Julie is following in her sister's footsteps of not being the world's best sleeper. She is a great napper, but is not a fan of sleeping all the way through the night. I cannot bring myself to let her cry it out, so I'm okay with getting up with her a couple of times a night for the time being. Avalon did this too and she is a champion sleeper now.
The other night we had some friends watch the girls while we went to a dinner for Daneel's work. When we got home at 10:30, Julie was playing quite happily in the living room and Avalon was sound asleep. They told us that they tried to put Julie down but anytime they walked her back to the bedroom she would start fussing and fighting them. As soon as they turned around and would walk back towards the living room she would relax and smile. She's a clever one :)
(Just for the record, she doesn't get away with that game with us).

Music. This girl has some rhythm. She'll bounce up and down on her little bottom to the beat of the music or she'll jump to it if she's in her jumperoo. Someone at church told me that they were watching her during a couple of songs and she was moving her pacifier up and down to the beat of the song. Daneel is thrilled. He would like nothing more than for one of our girls to be a drummer. He may change his mind when he has to listen to them practice..

Shoes. Not to wear. To eat. I don't even bother putting shoes on her feet anymore. They always come off and end up in her mouth. Now I save myself the time and just place her shoes in the carseat with her so that she can chew on them while we drive. (Don't worry - they're clean. She hasn't walked anywhere in them) One would think that a child willing to eat any type of shoe would be willing to eat banana.

Smiling. I always tell Daneel, "Julie Bug is a Cutie Bug!" She has the biggest grin and is full of smiles and giggles. We just love her to pieces.

I'm pretty sure that this picture made the last post, but it's one of my favorites. So here it is again :)


'Wait I'm supposed to eat the food? But orange is such a flattering color on me..'


2 comments:

Pinon Coffee said...

She IS a cutie bug. I love the update and pictures. :-)

Unknown said...

Ouma loves her too!!!