Thursday, April 21, 2011

Beautiful Blues

It took me a little while to believe this, but Texas is a beautiful state. Don't get me wrong - I love where we live, but some days I really miss the snow-covered peaks, the beautiful sunsets, and the crisp mountain air of New Mexico and Colorado.
One thing I love about Texas though is the beautiful wildflowers that spring up and grow in the fields and along the roads. In the spring it's pretty common to take pictures in the fields of flowers. Bluebonnet pictures are especially popular.
This year I wanted to get some pictures of the girls in a patch of flowers. I thought the conditions were pretty much ideal. The lighting was perfect. It was pretty warm, but not too hot. The girls had both just eaten lunch and Julie had taken a nap. It was getting close to Avalon's nap time, but she wasn't acting sleepy at all. So we gathered everything together and went to get our 'perfect' picture.

In the 10 minutes that it took us to get from our house to the flower patch, something went south. Our darling two year old was suddenly not in the mood to have her picture taken or to cooperate. In her defense it probably was too close to nap time, and she had come down with a double ear infection two days before. She probably wasn't feeling 100%. She did perk up a bit towards the end.









1 comment:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

k... you're making me feel bad about not updating my blog. :) I have no motivation for that thing...