Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Gymnastics

A little while before Julie was born I started thinking about putting Avalon in some kind of program - dance, gymnastics, or Kids Day Out. I thought it would be good for her to have something fun for just her when the baby arrived. We seriously considered doing a kids day out program 2 days a week. I thought that would be good for her social interaction with other kids and it would also give me some time alone with Julie each week. After looking into several programs we decided that it isn't for Avalon yet. It's a little pricey and I didn't know how Avalon would adjust to being 'booted' off to school right after the arrival of the baby.

Instead we enrolled in a 'Mommy and Me' gymnastics class. I'm not exactly sure where my brain was when I thought it would be fun to start a Mommy and Me class 2 weeks before Julie's due date. Because there is A LOT of Mommy in that class! Although I really have enjoyed doing the class with Avalon. She really likes it and I can see her gaining confidence.
And fortunately for Julie, there are a number of loving arms on the sidelines willing to hold her when she's not content to sit in her car seat and wait patiently :)





Avalon's favorite activity by far is the trampoline.

Just waiting..


2 comments:

Christina said...

ha, we were posting about the same thing at the same time! too funny. :) You are such a good mommy to do that with Avalon! and we frequent starbucks on our way home from ballet, too. ;)

April :) said...

So cute!!! Love your blog update and the addition of Julie Kate! :) Sweet girls!