September 3rd marked a momentous event in the Nortier household. Avalon turned two years old and Julie Kate turned 2 weeks old! We had all four grandparents and Elmo here to celebrate the event.
For Avalon's birthday Daneel and I, with the grandparents and Aunt Liese, got Avalon a swingset for the backyard. She LOVES it and would probably be content to live in the backyard if I would let her. Some days I seriously consider it.
A quick update on Julie and life with two kids.. We are doing well but have also had A LOT of help from grandparents, for which I am eternally grateful. That help is about to come to and end and the true test will begin. :)
Julie is an easier going baby than Avalon was but she still struggles a little bit with some of the same tummy cramps and digestive issues that Avalon did. Translation: So far she has not proven herself to be the greatest night time sleeper. I have hope that she will get there though.
I feel a bit behind in life in general. Behind on sleep, thank you notes, taking pictures, house keeping, returning phone calls, updating the blog... However I have witnessed a number of people successfully get through the baby years with more than one child so I'm confident it can be done. I just have no idea how :) I am open to suggestions.
We really are enjoying life with two children. Some days feel overwhelming and I'm not sure how we're going to get to 5:22pm when Daneel's car rolls in the garage, but overall I love it and there is nothing else I'd rather be doing. I'm so thankful for the family God has given us.
Avalon loves holding Julie

4 comments:
Great pictures Steph! They are both so beautiful! You can do it girl... just let the little things go and remember your house will never be the same "clean" it was before :)
If you get any good advice... pass it on! ;) You're doing great!
Hay Stephanie!!
I can't talk out of experience, so you can be the judge of any advice...
But some of my friends have started a baby sitting club. I can mail you the rules, but the idea goes like this: you and some of your friends babysit for each other. Everytime you've done the sitting, you earn points. And you can spend those points by going out and having someone else (in the group) sit for you.
The person in the group with the least amount of points has to do the sitting.
And diffirent points will be allocated to different times of the day and week (for example between 17:00 and 19:00 is double points earned and spent, since it's a busy time of the day. Same for weekends will be double points).
I'll find your e-mail address and mail you the rules.
I just think this will bring some sleep or me-time to your day.
Be blessed and I hope all goes better soon!!
Maringa
Hay Stephanie!!
I can't talk out of experience, so you can be the judge of any advice...
But some of my friends have started a baby sitting club. I can mail you the rules, but the idea goes like this: you and some of your friends babysit for each other. Everytime you've done the sitting, you earn points. And you can spend those points by going out and having someone else (in the group) sit for you.
The person in the group with the least amount of points has to do the sitting.
And diffirent points will be allocated to different times of the day and week (for example between 17:00 and 19:00 is double points earned and spent, since it's a busy time of the day. Same for weekends will be double points).
I'll find your e-mail address and mail you the rules.
I just think this will bring some sleep or me-time to your day.
Be blessed and I hope all goes better soon!!
Maringa
Post a Comment