Monday, May 3, 2010

Growing up!

Avalon is 20 months today and growing up so quickly! She loves to do big girl things, like pushing the stroller or shopping cart as opposed to sitting in it. I don't love it quite as much as she does but it's fun to see her grow and take on new things.
She's picking up a few more words - her favorite of which is 'no.' 'No is her preferred answer to almost any question. 'Do you want to go to the zoo? - no! (she loves the zoo) Do you want to take a nap now? - no! (she doesn't love nap time). Do you want to go outside? no! (as she runs to the front door and pulls on the handle). When we're driving she likes to sit in her carseat and practice saying 'no' in different intonations and volumes. It's pretty entertaining to hear.

Sometimes (not always) she likes to help me with things I'm doing. The other day I had folded some laundry and put a pile of her clean shirts on the couch. After seeing the clothes on the couch, she picked up her pile, took it to her room, and stuffed her shirts into the correct drawer. It cracked me up. She doesn't get that from me. I would have let it sit out at least another day :)

Avalon also has a baby doll that she loves to hold and push in a little stroller. Her favorite activity is actually to stand partway up the driveway and release the stroller so that it rolls off the curb and into the street. As the baby rolls away Avalon exclaims, 'WHEEEEEE!'
I'm not sure that this bodes so well for the new baby. :)






Sometimes the only way I can get her to look at the camera is to ask, 'How big is Avalon?'
She still thinks she's pretty big :)

3 comments:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

what a crack up. addie likes to let the stroller go into the street too... we better keep an eye on these girls.

April :) said...

She is so cute...the little dress and the sunglasses! Too cute!!

Cyndi Davis said...

What a cutie! I'd keep an eye on the new baby when it gets here. Avalon in the driver's seat may be a scary thing.