Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day

I'm still trying to figure out what day it is this week. According to the calendar, it is Thursday. I guess I'll go with that. Having a holiday on Monday thoroughly confused me. We had Saturday and Sunday, and then what felt like another Saturday, so there's no way in my mind that Tuesday can logically come next. Thus the reason that I'm not completely convinced that it really is Thursday. There's also a slight possibility that being very sleepy is contributing to the confusion. Maybe I should be taking a morning nap instead of updating the blog. 
So back to Memorial day...
It was wonderful having Daneel home for an extra day. We had a lazy morning and then a BBQ with our Lifegroup in the afternoon. The weather was BEAUTIFUL so I thought we should take Avalon outside to get a few pictures of her. That proved to be quite difficult. It was right before nap time so she was very sleepy. In addition to that, she had no interest in staying put. We ended up with lots of pictures of her not looking at the camera. Oh well - as my mother always liked to say, 'You win some, you lose some.' :)





I forgot to mention that we also had a little pool party at our BBQ get together. This was Avalon's first time going for a swim. She LOVED it and probably would have been content to sit in the pool all afternoon. 








3 comments:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

you have a serious gift with that camera! these pictures are amazing! my fave is the one of avalon in the pool smiling. adorable!!!

alicia kristine said...

I can't wait to get the babies together again... they were soo sweet grabbing for eachother! Hopefully this time I'll be there too!

Anna said...

I agree! You are quite the artsy photographer!