For the past few weeks, we have been entertaining the idea of trying out cloth diapers. I have several friends who are using cloth diapers and they absolutely love them.
I happen to be a huge fan of ease and convenience, so I figured that cloth diapers probably weren't for me (or Avalon actually).
After doing a lot of research - three cheers for google :) - I was very intrigued (and somewhat terrified) at the idea of using cloth diapers. I knew that it could save us money, it's better for the environment, and maybe better for baby. With all those factors, why wouldn't we want to try them? I can't say for sure, but it may have something to do with the washing them myself part.
All factors weighed, I decided that I wanted to try them. I learned that there are approximately 3 million types of cloth diapers to choose from, ranging from very easy, to somewhat complicated, and from very inexpensive, to somewhat expensive. Unfortunately, very easy and very inexpensive don't tend to go together. I know myself well enough to know that if I'm going to be able to stick with cloth diapers and if I ever want any diaper changing help from my wonderful husband, we are going to need something easy. We sat down and looked at some numbers and decided to take the money that we would be spending on diapers for the next year, and invest it in a set of cloth diapers - the very easiest kind.
We are officially on day 2 of cloth diapers, and so far I really like them. I didn't think I'd be making that kind of a statement so soon, but I really do! I think Avalon does as well. Here is a picture of her modeling the new style. (They do give her a little bubble bottom, but in my unbiased opinion, it's pretty cute) :)

6 comments:
I love her bubble bum! It goes well with her bubble tum!
adorable! I'm so proud of you!
what brand did you end up going with?
Bumgenius and a couple of Fuzzi Bunz as well.
Fuzzi Bunz?? You're kidding! How funny! My mom used cloth (the cheapest kind probably) on all of us and it worked fine. She did keep a few disposables for mystified babysitters and church nursery workers.
proud as well! enjoy!
Post a Comment