Julie is such a delight to our family. She has always been extremely verbal and communicative. She loves to talk and ask questions, and she has a singing commentary on life going most of the time :)
One night my mom came over to spend the night with the girls. When she comes she sleeps on the bottom bunk with Julie, where Julie talks her ear off until they fall asleep. My mom decided that she would wait to go to bed until the girls were already asleep so that Julie wouldn't stay up so late. At 11pm, Julie was still awake, sitting up in bed. My mom asked her why she was still awake. She said, 'I'm waiting for you to come to bed!' :)
Something I love about Julie is her tender heart towards the Lord. She loves to talk about Jesus and to sing songs about God. It's really precious. She'll sit on her bed with her Bible story book and just look and look at all the pictures.
One day she asked me, 'What would Jesus say if I slipped off the stool and hurt myself?' Before I could answer, she said, 'He'd say "Princess, why did you slip off the stool and hurt yourself? Come here and I will make it all better." Sometimes it seems like she has such a good grasp of the way God sees her. And other times she makes statements like, "Jesus really doesn't like boys."
I guess she still has a few things to learn :)
This year she requested a 'Pink' birthday party. Later she modified it to a 'Pink Ariel' birthday party.
In order to keep things low key with the twins just being born, we had just a couple of friends over for a princess party. The girls and I made Princess Play Dough (homemade play dough with lots of glitter added in) for the girls to play with at the party. Sondrea constructed a beautiful story time tent out of a hula-hoop and tulle, and she read 'The Very Fairy Princess.'
I ordered a 'Pink Ariel' cake from a bakery near our house. They did a great job and Julie was thrilled with it.
She thoroughly enjoyed her day of being the Birthday Girl. We are so thankful for you Julie Kate!










1 comment:
a perfect pink party it was! love you julie kate!
Post a Comment