Monday, October 17, 2011

Six Flags Family Day

Every year Daneel's company has some kind of family day for the entire company. This year, they treated all employees and their families to a day at Six Flags amusement park. 
What they failed to mention was that 'Family Day' also coincided with 'Everyone in the state of Texas goes to Six Flags, Day.' We managed to have a great time amongst the crowds of people. 
In the 3 years that we've lived in Texas, this was our first trip to Six Flags. I spent some time trying to prep Avalon for the day. I told her that we would be going to a really fun park that had lots and lots of rides. I don't think she really knew what that meant, but as soon as we arrived she started begging to go on a ride. 


Ready for the long hike in (my strong husband actually pushed the stroller)

Oops - forgot to buckle child #1


After arriving at the park, we ate dinner and made our way over to Looney Toon Land. We soon spotted a ride that Avalon met the height requirement for. Without bothering to check out which ride it was, I told Daneel 'oh take Avalon on that one. I'm sure it's not scary if she's tall enough to ride it.' Daneel and Avalon took off and Julie and I searched for a spot to watch them. Moments later, I realized that I had sent them off to the Log Ride. I was sure that they would be back as soon as Daneel recognized the ride. A few minutes passed and they had not come back. Daneel would not take our 3 year old daughter on the Log Ride as her 1st amusement park ride, would he??  Yes he would...


And Avalon took it like a champ! They were both soaked and she was begging to go on another ride.

Apparently Avalon is an amusement park ride junkie. She had a blast going on ride after ride after ride. We had so much fun watching her experience the thrills.



Julie, on the other hand, was not much for the rides. There were plenty that she was allowed on but she was definitely not a fan of having to sit down and stay in a seat. Her activity of choice was running amuck.

1st roller coaster

Hands in the air!



Avalon cried and cried when it was time to go home. What a fun day it was and how thankful we are that Daneel works for such a generous, family-oriented company!

2 comments:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

I love that Avalon loved the rides! So cute. We'll have to go there sometime and see what Addie thinks.

April :) said...

Love her face in the red car!! Looks like an ad for how much your kids will love it! I am pretty sure you could sell it to six flags!!! Glad you guys had a great time :)