It's not exactly April or spring anymore but I'm doing a little bit of back blogging to record some noteworthy events in our summer. My mom has been here for the past couple of weeks, staying away from the smokey New Mexico air. I've had a few projects in mind that I had hoped to work on during her stay, including catching up on the blog.
We've had a great visit but I have pretty much nothing to show for productivity on projects or the blog. My mom is returning to New Mexico on Thursday so it's time to get to work.
Good to know that I haven't lost the gift of procrastination since college days..
Our first big summer or pre-summer event was extending the concrete patio in our backyard. The girls love to be outside, and we spend a lot of time grilling and playing in the backyard when the weather is warm (or broiling in the case of July).
Daneel spent a good chunk of time researching, planning, and prepping for the big project. Several of his friends came over to help with the actual mixing and pouring. We paid them with donuts and coffee in the morning, and pizza for lunch when they finished. How we love cheap labor :)
Who needs a gym membership when given the option of hauling 80 pound bags of concrete from the front yard to the backyard? Yeah, I would go with the gym membership too..

I was very impressed with the final result. Initially when Daneel brought up renting cement mixers, ordering tons of concrete, and doing the work himself, I was not sure what to expect. Daneel had never worked with concrete before and it seemed like a pretty big project to take on. However I had nothing to be concerned about. The guys did a fantastic job and we have loved having the extra space to play! I'm super thankful for my handy husband.






No comments:
Post a Comment