Sunday, January 9, 2011

Playing Catch Up: Tacky Sweater Christmas Party

December was a very busy month for la familia Nortier. You may have been able to figure that out by the lack of blogging :) One of my new years resolutions is to stay caught up on the blog. We'll see how that works out. We did have some blogworthy events happen in December, so rather than skip over them, I'm attempting to catch up.
Starting tomorrow, our church is beginning a week long fast from media. I'd better get to work if I want to get everything posted before midnight ;)

Before Christmas our Lifegroup held it's first ever tacky sweater Christmas party. And there was plenty of tackiness to go around. Some of the couples decorated their own sweaters, and others, (including Daneel and myself) took a trip to goodwill to see what we could find. I found a definite treasure - an extra large shirt (complete with shoulder pads) with farm animals outlined in glitter. Daneel did a make-do sewing job on the back part of the shirt so that it would fit a little bit better. It's a treasure..
Here are a few pictures from the event:











It's always fun getting a group of toddlers together to take a picture :)







No comments: