Monday, November 29, 2010

Marriage - Take Two

Over the past couple of months, Daneel and I have been taking a marriage class that our church offers twice a year. It's called the True Bond marriage class, taught by a really neat couple at our church. The foundation of the class is that the whole purpose of our marriage is to be a reflection of Christ's love for the church, to the outside world.
We took the class with some of our very dear friends, The Beans and the Howards. We're also in a lifegroup together and it was really fun to walk through the course together.
At the end of 8 weeks, the offered a recommitment ceremony for anyone in the class that wanted to participate. The ceremony was really special. They had a slideshow of our wedding photos and families. We said our vows and the pastors prayed with and anointed each couple with oil. We also lit a unity candle and got a 2nd marriage certificate that we signed and fingerprinted.
Daneel and I both thought that saying the vows this time meant so much more than they did the first time because we've been married for a few years now and we have a greater understanding of what marriage is about. Here are a few pictures from the event.



The Howards, the Nortiers, and the Beans. It looks like we're lining up for prom pictures. :)




4 comments:

Emilie S. said...

Wow! That is awesome. I just love it. :)

Kellie said...

"Marriage - Take Two" is a rather unnerving title for the post when you haven't read it yet. Like the first marriage didn't work so you're trying a new one.

Glad you're not. :)

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

I like Kellie's comment ahaha :)

before I read that I was going to say what a great post that was. Do you mind if I copy and paste? ;)

Stephanie, Daneel, Avalon & Julie said...

Ha ha! I guess the title does seem a little suspicious, but I have to get people to read the blog somehow! ;)

Copy away Alison! It will give me an excuse to steal one of your posts in the future. :)