Sunday, June 24, 2012

Happy 5 years, 3 months, and 6 days...

On March 17th, Daneel and I celebrated 5 years of wedded bliss ;) When we got married, Daneel was in Junior year at New Mexico State University, and I was on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ at NMSU. We had wanted to get married over Christmas break, but there were a few details that were not coming together, so we waited for Spring Break. After the wedding, we took a fun but very quick honeymoon up to Pagosa Springs, Colorado. We had to get back to Los Alamos to get our things so that we could drive down to Las Cruces to try to get our apartment together before he started class and I started work. 
All that said, we promised each other that for our 5 year anniversary we would do something a little bigger to celebrate. We talked about a cruise or a trip to Mexico or the Caribbean. 
This year when January rolled around, we started looking into anniversary options. Based on a recommendation from some friends, we decided to do an all-inclusive resort in Cancun. 
My parents and a dear friend watched the girls while we spent 4 nights away. 
We had an absolute blast relaxing and just having fun together.
The hotel welcome, the room, the food and drinks, the service, the pool, the beach.. everything was wonderful! We were completely spoiled while we were there. Can't wait to go back :)














5 comments:

Kellie said...

I'm jealous!

April :) said...

Love the title!!! Congrats guys and it looks like such a wonderful trip! :)

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

so glad you got to do that! Can't wait till we get to do that again.

Holly said...

Looks like a beautiful trip. Happy late anniversary!

Mandy said...

Happy Anniversary, Steph! I remember that day very clearly. It was so fun and so very beautiful! I am so glad you guys got to go celebrate like that. :-) I miss you and would love to see you. Are you guys heading out here anytime this next month?

p.s. Thanks again for helping send us on our awesome vacation! I love you!