Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Little Bit of Love

We've never made a huge deal out of Valentine's Day - maybe because our anniversary is the following month, but we always have fun celebrating in little ways. A few days before Valentine's, we went out on a group date with our lifegroup - Isn't that romantic?? Ha! It was SO much fun though. We went out for dinner and then went over to someone's house for dessert and games. I can't even remember the last time I laughed that hard.
The girls and I decorated cards for friends and family, and on Valentine's Day, we made pink heart Rice Krispie treats! Daneel bought me tulips - my favorite flower, and gave me a very sweet card. 
I attempted to have a conversation with the girls about how much God loves them and about Valentine's being a day that we show others that we love them and care about them. I'm not so sure that the message was absorbed amongst all the sugar that was being consumed. Either way we had fun :)






3 comments:

Kellie said...

I can't believe how much Avalon looks like you!

Love those girls!

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

I like your pink heart rice krispy treats! How did you make them pink?

Also loving those 2 adorable girls! They are so sweet hugging each other. :)

Cyndi Davis said...

Such sweet pictures! They are both such pretty girls!