Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Christmas at Home

This year was our first Christmas spent in our own home. We've always set up the tree and decorated for Christmas, but each year we've headed to New Mexico to celebrate with our families. This year Daneel's parents spent Christmas in South Africa; Geoffrey, Suzanne, and Olivia headed north to be with Suzanne's family, and my parents drove over to spend the day with us.
It was a low key and fun celebration. We spent the day in front of the fire, opening gifts, eating delicious food, and even playing outside a bit (the girls' idea of fun on a cold day, not mine. Thank goodness for Granddad! :)







Julie didn't seem to care a whole lot about what was inside the boxes but she LOVED dancing on top of them.




In the evening we made a birthday cake for Jesus. Earlier in the week I had asked Avalon what kind of cake she thought Jesus would like - i.e. chocolate or vanilla. She replied 'I think he'd like a Belle cake.'
I told Avalon that we'd save the Belle cake for HER birthday and she was content to have free reign on decorating this cake.



Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Steph, your girls are so precious...just beautiful. I am so glad you had a good Christmas at home. That sounds like so much fun.

Kellie said...

I love the picture of Avalon and your dad, where they're just looking mischievously at each other. It's perfect. And baking a birthday cake for Jesus is such a cute idea, I'll have to do that with Evelyn. Fun tradition to start.

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

love the pictures!

April :) said...

Super cute pics...love love love the one with Avalon and your dad!