Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Shoes, shoes, wonderful shoes

I've come to the conclusion that God must have placed within girls a gene that adores shoes. In our family the love of shoes seems to start at a very early age. Avalon loved shoes, especially boots, but Julie has taken the obsession to a whole new level. This girl LOVES shoes.

Currently her vocabulary consists of, 'mommy, daddy, please, thank you, bye-bye, puppy, and shoe' (pronounced shee). Her first priority of the day, after being removed from the crib, is to get shoes on her feet. 
A typical morning looks something like this: Get Julie out of bed. Change diaper. Mid diaper change, Julie rolls over and takes off for the closet, saying 'shee! shee! shee!' She reappears carrying one or two shoes, that may or may not match. Her preference would be to run around in nothing but shoes. For the sake of our carpet however, I manage to get a dipaer on her. 
Clothes come sometime later in the day.


Sometime during the day Julie will come across another pair of shoes. At that point she decides that it's time for a shoe change. This happens several times each day.



Sometimes it's really hard to commit to one pair of shoes.

After bath and jammies, it is time for another pair of shoes. 

Isn't it fun to be a girl? :)

7 comments:

Kellie said...

That's hilarious. I don't have that gene. And I don't know how I'll handle Evelyn if she does.

Cyndi Davis said...

Haha! What a cutie. I like the one in her pj's. Even give in and let her wear them to bed? :)

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

I love your shees Julie!

Suzanne said...

So funny! Hmmm...maybe we have some ideas now of what to get her for Christmans!

Tanner & Candice Kidd said...

Love it!!

Colby, Pennie, Cade and Claire Langford said...

cute cute cute! those girls could be twins! i love it :)

Stephanie, Daneel, Avalon & Julie said...

Thanks gals! Nope, she doesn't get to take her shoes to bed, although she would love to :)