Sunday, November 13, 2011

Can you say MOOOOOOO?

A number of my conversations with Julie during the month of October included the above question. I found her a cute little cow costume for Halloween and thought it would be pretty terrific if I could teach her to moo. She caught on rather quickly, although her 'moo' actually sounded more like 'boo.'  It worked since it was Halloween. 

Since moving here we have spent every Halloween at a fall festival that a nearby church puts on. Avalon affectionately refers to the church as, 'The Candy Church.' The day after Halloween she asked me, 'Mommy, do you remember when we went to the Candy Church?' 
'Yes I do, I believe it was just last night..' 
This year both girls dressed up. Avalon chose to be Belle, the current favorite princess. And Julie had no choice but to be a cow :)
After we finished at the Candy Church, we took the girls to a few of our friend's homes to collect some more much needed candy.


'Let's go get some candy!!!'

Thoroughly enjoying the bounce house

Julie with her BFF Avery (who also had no say about being a chicken)
They were a pretty cute barnyard pair.

I was hoping no one would look at the camera..

5 comments:

Colby, Pennie, Cade and Claire Langford said...

i love all those precious little girls. so cute!!!!

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

haha the candy church. I like it. I also like how we are still reaping the fruits (or sweets) from that night. mmm. Fun times!

Mandy said...

They are precious, and I LOVE that family picture in your header. Steph, you are so beautiful. I love that smile. :-) Miss you guys!

April :) said...

Super cute! I love the "candy church"!! The chicken and the cow are my favorite costumes especially together!

Cyndi Davis said...

lol - love the picture with no one looking, too cute! avalon is getting so big and beautiful!!!! can't believe it.