Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Whole Half Year!

6 months has come and gone much too quickly! We had Julie's 6 month check up last Friday. She's looking good at 15 pounds 3 ounces and 26 and 1/4 inch. She's in the 67th percentile for height and 32nd for weight.
No teeth to report at this point but she chews on anything she can get fit in her mouth. We've started rice cereal and will soon begin the introduction to pureed veggies. Yum! Nothing satisfies a hunger craving quite like pureed peas and green beans..

Julie is sitting up really well. She rarely falls over unless it's with a little help from her big sister. Sweet girl puts up with quite a bit more than Avalon had to endure at this age :)
Julie adores her big sister though. She follows Avalon everywhere with her eyes, and lights up when Avalon enters the room. I love watching their relationship develop. Avalon is sometimes a bit over-loving to Julie, but she loves to help and really enjoys playing with Julie. Overall she is really good with her.

I snapped a few pictures of Julie for her 6 month photos but I think I'm going to take another turn at it when Daneel is home this weekend. I have a hard time getting Julie to smile when my face is behind the camera so I'm hoping that with a little help from Daddy and Big Sister, I can capture some of her precious grins.



You are getting VERY sleepy..



4 comments:

Kellie said...

She is so cute! And Avalon better watch out, Julie will catch up to her someday and then it's payback time. My younger sister was WAY mean to me!

Christina said...

She's a doll! Clara goes to the Dr next week, I'm eager to see how she's growing too.

Pinon Coffee said...

Super-duper charming - and I love the the flower. It's almost as cute as the girl wearing it. ;-) Thanks for posting pics!

April :) said...

Happy 1/2 birthday Julie! Love the pics :)