Thursday, April 1, 2010

Family Time

I truly had every intention of posting something before now but it didn't happen..

Daneel and I just got back from a weekend getaway trip to Branson, MO. We went for the 'Weekend to Remember' marriage conference and to celebrate our anniversary. We had a wonderful time together! One of the women speakers said, 'We're having a debate about why you came to this conference if you are a parent of a toddler. Doug thinks it's because you want to be able to finish a sentence but I think it's because you want to go to the bathroom by yourself.." It was too funny and so true!
The weekend was really fun. I would highly recommend going. Unfortunately we forgot our camera, so I don't have any pictures to post from Branson.

My mom came to stay with Avalon while we were gone. We've never left Avalon overnight before and I was a little bit apprehensive (ok I balled the night before we left) about leaving her for 3 nights but she did great!! And so did I!!!! :)

I had hoped that morning sickness would be completely gone before we left. That wish did not quite come true. It has gotten much better but still hasn't gone away. I think it was about this time (almost 20 weeks) that it went away with Avalon so I'm hoping that soon it will disappear! Fortunately my doctor gave me a full supply of nausea medicine before we left for Branson and it made the trip much more enjoyable.

The time away was really great but it was so fun to see Avalon when we got back home. It was such a nice day that we all got back into the car (minus my mother who needed a nap) and went to play disc golf at a nearby course. We took plenty of pictures there to make up for forgetting the camera on our trip and so I would have something to post on the blog.





Ok Dad, this is where you want the disc to go.

Good job!




Belly bump - 19 weeks


4 comments:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

it was so cute how avalon kept wanting me to hold her today! made me feel loved!

Stephanie, Daneel, Avalon & Julie said...

You should feel loved! She's pretty selective about who she shows love to :)

Pennie said...

she's growing up so much!!! i can't believe how fast they grow!

Cyndi Davis said...

Super cute belly pictures! Glad you enjoyed the conference and happy anniversary.