Thursday, June 25, 2009

Busy Bee

Daneel and I are very blessed to have a child that can entertain herself fairly easily. If I need to get something done, I can put Avalon her in a room with a few toys and she is happy to play there. Within the past few weeks however, she has become less and less content to simply play with toys. She has recently discovered that our house is bursting with opportunities for her to explore and play with things that are much more exciting than toys.
Lately, her activity of choice has been to go through anything she can - purses, drawers, trash cans, closets, wallets.. and empty their contents onto the floor. The other night I was getting Avalon ready to take a bath and trying to make dinner at the same time. While working in the kitchen, I left the pantry door open. Avalon quickly seized the opportunity to explore a new closet, and within moments she had literally strewn everything that her hands could reach onto the kitchen floor. I picked her up and plopped her in her room to play while I hurried to finish dinner prep. A few minutes later I went back to Avalon's room to finish getting her ready for bath and this is how I found her..






8 comments:

Unknown said...

Her ouma just LOVE her!!!! I can't wait to see her in a few day.

Holly said...

How CUTE. Together, our babies would destroy your house and mine. And how I adore her little cloth covered bum! :) They're at such a fun age.

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

oh the joys! This is when I just quit folding laundry... :) what's the point?!

alicia kristine said...

I love when they start taking apart the house! She is so coming into her little personality!

Anna said...

And the little imp still manages to look adorable! You and Daneel might be in a little bit of trouble!

alicia kristine said...

right? I may try to ask if Coop can marry her ;)... he has Latin blood Steph!

Stephanie, Daneel, Avalon & Julie said...

Alicia - Sounds great! As long as the parents agree, the kids should be fine with it, right? :)

Anna - I have a feeling you might be right. I've booked a plane ticket for her to come stay with you from the time she turns 2 until she's ready to start kindergarten. I hope that's okay with you.

Lindsay said...

this is too funny. alison is right, why fold? reese still loves to throw all the clothes i just folded back into the dryer if i walk away for a moment. he's just trying to help, but come on. i only have so many minutes dedicated to folding.