Thursday, February 17, 2011

We're back!

After a month and a half off, we're back to the blog :) Life has been pretty eventful lately.
We decided that we weren't doing enough as a family, so we took a couple weeks off in January to be sick as a family. Personally, I'd recommend a family trip to the beach over that. Maybe we'll try that next time.
Daneel had planned a ski trip to New Mexico for the beginning of February. He was going to be gone 5 days. I didn't want to be alone with the girls for that long so my mom flew out here to help out. The initial plan had been for us to drive with the girls to New Mexico so that they could spend time with the grandparents there. However we got a little snow storm that quickly turned into us being housebound for a week, because of the ice-covered roads.
It took Daneel and his friend Mark 22 hours to get from Fort Worth to Los Alamos. (It should have taken 11).
I was beyond grateful to have my mom here to help out during that time. I can't imagine what it would have been like without her here. She was great about trying to keep Avalon entertained - not an easy task for 5 days inside the house. We watched movies, made cookies, built forts, read books, washed dishes, played dress up, ran circles around the living room, colored, painted, played with play doh..
And I can't imagine what it would have been like trying to drive to NM with the girls on those roads. Despite a pretty major case of cabin fever, I'm thankful that we were safe and sound inside the house.

Bundled up and trying to stay warm.


'Washing' dishes

Reading 'Let's Dance Little Pookie'


Playing dress up

Love that smile!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

I was basically dressed like your daughters during our cold spell here too. I only wore pajamas and didn't put on real clothes for like 4 days when it didn't get above 1 degree.

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

yay! I've been waiting for an update. :) love Avalon's dishwashing headband. haha. looks familiar. And the one of the girls reading together is soooo precious. I need to get pictures of my girls doing sweet things together.