Really I've only been working on them for the past month or so, but it feels like they are taking FOREVER. I severely overestimated my ability to quickly sew four curtain panels with tabs. I told Daneel that next time I have a ridiculous idea, like making curtains for the house, he needs to tell me no. At least until the kids are in college.
Right now 3 of the panels are hanging in our living room. The fourth panel is sewn but I still have to make the tabs and attach them. That is the most tedious part, so I'm avoiding it by blogging instead. I've always been quite gifted in the area of procrastination.
Yesterday after I finished sewing the fourth panel, I took it into the living room so I could iron it. Avalon was sitting on the floor playing with a bag of chips. Her new favorite toys are items from our pantry.
I ironed the panel and laid it on the floor then went to find a tape measure.
As I was looking in the closet I heard Avalon making all kinds of noises. I went to check on her to see what she was doing.
This is what I found:




At least we're having fun with the curtains.

9 comments:
thats awesome!!!
i love her!
My oh my!! Little mischievious!! Just like her daddy. It brings back memories. Is she crawling already?
haha! that's hilarious! what a cutie-pie
they look great by the way! good job.
Thank you! They are officially finished and hanging in the living room now.
No crawling yet. She has no interest in that at the moment.
Perhaps you can teach me to sew curtains. Right now our living room looks like a barren prison cell. Except that it has green furniture. And a yellow wall. And a really cool lamp. But there are bars on the windows, and we need curtains, so...
She is such a sweet girl!
Too funny! Since we already know Avalon prefers playthings that are pantry items and is branchin out to home furnishings, perhaps I'll get her a toilet seat cover for her next birthday.
That face! What a laugh she must have! I really do want to meet her someday. :-)
Post a Comment